Reminder: Stash Your Trash Cans

Our covenants state that trash and yard waste containers are not permitted to be visible from the street. If you have your cans behind landscaping that looses its leaves allowing the containers to be viewed from the street in the winter months, you will need to move them into your garage.

This is a $25/day violation, so please just put them away as soon as possible after trash pickup.

Host Needed for Our Annual Wine Tasting

We are looking for a volunteer to host the annual wine tasting party. This event is usually held in February or March. The HOA provides all paper products and water. Everyone brings a beverage and an appetizer or dessert to share.

This is a very fun event and brings neighbors and friends together after a long, cold winter.

If you would like to host, please contact Frances.

Mailbox Staining

This Spring when weather permits we are having all of our street signs and stops signs re stained. We have asked Real Property Management to send letters out to residents that need their mailboxes re stained, repaired or replaced. Replacement can only be ordered from Cedar Craft 614-759-1600 they are the only company that carries our correct mailbox. If your mailbox needs stained please call Frances@ 740-816-1464 or Dale @740-548-7010 to get the correct stain that we will provide to you at no cost.


I have also been asked by several residents to remind everyone that with the warmer weather to please be aware of your speed as children and adults will be outside enjoying the weather.  Another concern that has been brought to my attention is dogs running loose and people not picking up after their dog. Please be a courteous pet owner and obey the Orange Township codes.

2013 Annual Meeting Minutes

Parkshore HOA Annual Meeting

February 23, 2013 10am

Meeting opened with an introduction of the existing board members: Frances Catanese, Dale Conklin, Carol Conklin and Amy Lloyd, Dennis Rowda (absent).   Each homeowner in attendance also introduced themselves.

Carol Conklin began with a review of the design board and their purpose.  She described how and where to obtain approval for property changes.

Steve reviewed the Financial summary covering the balances and expected expenditures.  The financial summary was approved.

Question was raised about tree replacement, especially ash trees.  Frances explained that only trees in common areas were the responsibility of the HOA.  There were trees on Buckman identified as potentially in need of removal that would be the responsibility of the HOA.  Frances will investigate.

The sign posts appear to need staining.  Dale will secure bids to stain the sign posts.

Several people expressed the need to stain their mailboxes and Frances said she could provide the correct stain, purchased by the HOA, to anyone who needed it.

The next event is the Wine party on March 9th at 7pm. Harry and Amy Lloyd to host again this year.  Adults bring wine and an appetizer.  The HOA will provide paper products and water.

The dates for summer events including Flamingo Friday will be determined and posted shortly.  Dale and Carol Conklin agreed to host the pool party/BBQ again this summer and turnout will determine if this will be continued. Suggestions for other events were discussed, one idea was an Easter egg hunt. Looking for a volunteer to host/coordinate that event.

One homeowner suggested that a reminder be sent about keeping dogs on a leash and cleaning up after your dog.  He has seen an increase in uncontrolled dogs as he is walking. A reminder will be posted on the web site.

Frances discussed the open board positions and the candidates who were interested.

Dale Conklin’s term was up as was Dennis Rowda’s.

Dale Conklin, Dennis Rowda and Michael Pierce were the three candidates up for consideration for the two open positions.

Each attendee voted by write-in ballot and after final count, Dale Conklin retained his position and Michael Pierce was voted in as a new member of the board, replacing Dennis Rowda.

Meeting was adjourned at 10:55am.

February 2013 Board Meeting Minutes

Parkshore HOA Meeting Minutes

February 4, 2013 7pm


Dale Conklin, Carol Conklin, Frances Catanese, Amy Lloyd

Guests:  Josh Whalen and Michael Pierce

Josh Whalen and Michael Pierce attended to discuss their interest in the open board positions.  Michael has participated in HOA boards in previous places he lived.  Josh has participated as a board member for a non-profit organization.

Reviewed typical meeting schedule and attendees provided their background information.

1st order of business:

Confirmed Annual meeting to be held at 10am on February 23rd at Orange Township Hall.  Frances will put the sign up at the entrance Thursday or Friday before the meeting as a reminder.

2nd order of business:

Dale is going to recheck the renewal of the Liability insurance for the board members.

3rd order of business:

Kids were recently skating on the pond without it being frozen over, they would not get off the ice, so the police were informed.  They assessed the situation and asked the kids to leave.  Dale brought up the question of placing a sign(s) around the pond to prevent skating, boating or other activities.   Discussed this possibility and agreed that Dale would check with the Management company for a recommendation.

4th order of business:

House on Waukeegan appears to be building and/or redoing a deck.  No plans were submitted.  Per the recent letter that was sent out, Dale will have the Management company contact the homeowner and begin charges if necessary.

Final order of business:

Set March 9th for Wine Party – will be included in reminder email about board meeting. Harry and Amy Lloyd to host again this year.

Meeting adjourned at 7:45pm.