Neighborhood Update

We wanted to bring an incident to the attention of the residents of Parkshore. The board was notified that there were items stolen from a resident’s unlocked vehicle Sunday night. Although, we have only received notice of one incident we felt it necessary to provide an update to the residents of Parkshore. If you see suspicious activity please notify the Delaware Sheriff’s office by calling 911 or 740-833-2810 if it is not an emergency. Please continue to keep us posted of any incidents so we can communicate and help keep our neighborhood safe.

Reminders

The next Flamingo Friday will be held this Friday, July 20th on Westwick Place beginning at 7 p.m. We hope to see you there. Please feel free to extend the invitation to any new neighbors.

There are still mailbox stain kits available. If you are looking to refresh your mailbox during the summer season, please contact one of the board members for a mailbox stain kit. If your mailbox or post is not repairable and needs to be replaced either can be purchased from Roush Hardware in Westerville (614-882-3623) or from Cedar Craft in Blacklick (614-759-1600).

Please remember if you are planning any changes or improvements to the exterior of your property (including painting) all required documents must be submitted to the Design Review Board for approval prior to starting your project. You may obtain all documents from the Parkshore website. If you have any questions please contact anyone on the board.

As always if you have any concerns please feel free to contact any of the board members.

Summer Newsletter

Please welcome the 2018 Parkshore Board of Trustees:

Donna Tomaro – President
Andy Drake – Vice President
Cathleen Duffy – Secretary
Michael Peirce – Trustee
Sherry Jones – Trustee

Thank you for your patience as we transition to our new roles.

As a reminder our children are on summer break and will be out playing at all hours of the day. Please take consideration for the posted speed limit of 25 mph and keep an extra watchful eye out for the children and residents out walking enjoying the nice weather.

With all the new families who have joined our neighborhood we will continue the tradition of Flamingo Friday on the third Friday of June, July and August starting at 7 PM. The dates and locations will be:

• June 15, Buckman Street cul-de-sac
• July 20, Westwick Place cul-de-sac
• August 17, Highgate Place cul-de-sac

Light snacks will be provided for both the adults and children. Please pass along to anyone new to the neighborhood, as this is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors. Look for a flyer in your mailbox with additional details. We hope you will be able to join us.

If you are looking to refresh your mailbox during the summer season, please contact one of the above board members for a mailbox stain kit. If your mailbox or post is not repairable and needs to be replaced either can be purchased from Roush Hardware in Westerville (614-882-3623) or from Cedar Craft in Blacklick (614-759-1600).

We wanted to let everyone know that Orange Township is planning to start the bike path construction on Lewis Center Road near the entrance to Parkshore this summer/fall. Once the construction is completed we will evaluate the landscape at the entrance and make any necessary updates to ensure a welcome entrance to our community for the residents and our guests.

Please remember if you are planning any changes or improvements to the exterior of your property (including painting) all required documents must be submitted to the Design Review Board for approval prior to starting your project. You may obtain all documents from the Parkshore website. If you have any questions please contact anyone on the board.

As always if you have any concerns please feel free to contact any of the above board members.

Sincerely,
Parkshore HOA Board

2018 Parkshore Annual Meeting

Thursday, April 19, 2018 at Orange Township Hall

Trustees in attendance:
Frances Catanese
Carol Conklin
Andy Drake
Michael Peirce
Donna Tomaro

Also in attendance: Steve Ginter – Treasurer

Meeting opened at 7:02 PM

Frances opened the meeting by doing introductions of the board and the 11 Parkshore homeowners that attended the meeting.

Steve Ginter was recognized for preparing the financials that last 7 years. Steve reviewed the financials detailing the actual to budgeted expenses – outlining our biggest expense in 2017 was the repair work done with the front entrance irrigation system. The board agreed that the current dues are sufficient to maintain the common area and provide for any unexpected expenses.

Jamie Stabl was recognized for maintaining the retention pond and assisting with repairing a street sign post that was damage.

A request was raised to revisit the replacement of trees, on HOA common property, at the Waukeegan entrance. There were 9 trees that were dead/damaged from storm. A revised estimate, for consideration, will be forwarded from the resident that raised the issue.

A question was posed regarding planned paving of the Parkshore roads. Frances mentioned that she was not aware of any planned paving work for any of the Parkshore streets.

Frances made the group aware that there were three open trustee positions: Frances Catanese, Carol Conklin and Donna Tomaro, and that Frances Catanese and Carol Conklin would not be running for their positions again. Cathleen Duffy and Sherry Jones were the only individuals that expressed an interest to run for one of the open positions. There were no other nominations or volunteers so both candidates were elected unanimously and Donna Tomaro will continue for another two-year term on the board. Welcome Cathleen and Sherry.

We would like to extend a special thanks to Frances Catanese and Carol Conkin for their commitment on the board for a combined total of 23 years. Frances was not only dedicated with maintaining the integrity of the neighborhood, she also was instrumental with helping neighbors connect and enjoy family events through her organization of Flamingo Fridays, Easter Egg Hunts, Annual Wine & Cheese gatherings, to name a few. She helped to ensure that the neighborhood was inclusive and their life was enriched by living here. Carol was actively involved with ensuring compliance and consistency with any project requests submitted. She also supported Frances with any neighborhood related responsibilities or events. The trustees would like to thank Frances and Carol for their many years of service.

No additional business discussed.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:34 PM

Minutes reviewed and approved 4/26/18

2017 Parkshore Annual Meeting

Trustees present:
Michael Peirce
Frances Catanese
Donna Tomaro

Meeting opened at 10:05AM

In attendance were 7 Parkshore homeowners (including 3 board members)

Frances opened the meeting by thanking Steve Ginter for handling the Parkshore Financials.

Steve reviewed the financials; detailing the actual to budget expenses for 2016 and provided the 2017 budget. Once again, the board agreed that the current dues are sufficient to maintain the common area property and provide for any unexpected expenses.

Frances discussed the high water bill. She is pursuing the construction company whose truck parked on the HOA common area property breaking the irrigation heads causing a leak.

Frances reviewed and passed out information on local road construction.

Frances made the group aware that there were two positions up for renewal; Michael Peirce and Michael Henn. Both Michael Peirce and Michael Henn expressed an interest to run again for a board position. Andrew Drake expressed an interest to run for one of the open positions. Ballots were cast and tallied. Michael Peirce will continue for another two year term on the board. Welcome Andrew Drake who will assume the other open position.

We would like to extend thanks to Michael Henn for his two year board commitment. Michael has been instrumental in negotiating and securing the 2017 landscaping contracts. Michael will continue to be a big part of the community by providing welcome packets to new residents.

No additional business discussed.

The meeting was adjourned at 10:35AM

July 11, 2016 Board Meeting Minutes

July 11, 2016 board meeting minutes
7:15pm

Attendees:
Carol Conklin
Frances Catanese
Michael Henn
Michael Peirce
Donna Tomaro

Reviewed overgrowth in common area to right of private drive at the end of Buckman Street. Michael Henn will get quotes to have this area cleared as it is obstructing water flow in culvert.

Frances expressed concerns with delays when approvals are submitted to the design review board. It was recommended and approved that a board member will chair the design review board.

Discussed outstanding invoices. Property Management handling.

Frances discussed cost and repairs of retention pond to aerator and fountain.

Road pavement condition of Westwick Street was discussed. Michael Henn will take photos and submit to township board.

Good turnout for Flamingo Fridays on Westwick and Buckman Streets. Last Flamingo Friday is August 12 on Highgate.

Reviewed estimates for entrance landscaping. Board will meet with landscaper at site for additional detail.

Entrance rocks will be repaired.

Meeting adjourned 8:45.

May 12, 2016 board meeting minutes

May 12, 2016 board meeting minutes
7:15pm

Attendees:
Carol Conklin
Frances Catanese
Michael Henn
Michael Peirce
Donna Tomaro

Parkshore entrances will be maintained to include weeding, mulching and power washing of rocks. Suggestions was made to replace trees at the Waukeegan entrance to Parkshore. Michael Henn will obtain quotes. Michael will also obtain a quote to have the wall repaired.

Discussion regarding the maintenance of the cul-de-sac. Landscaper was notified that they will need to notify Michael Henn if there is an issue with maintaining. We do not want residents cutting.

Pond maintenance is needed. Fountain only working on one end. There appears to be a smell resulting from stagnate water. Board discussed need for Aqua Docs to treat the pond.

Discussion regarding spraying for mosquitos/moths. Frances will follow-up with the Park Director.

Michael Pierce will make up additional mailbox stain kits and distribute 5 pints to each of the board members.

No additional business was discussed and the meeting adjourned at 8:45pm.