Quarterly Meeting 04/09/20

The meeting started at 7:02pm.  The meeting was by conference call.

Attendees:  Donna Tomaro, Andy Drake, Cathleen Duffy, Dianne Dietz, Tim Huter, Kevin Fellona, Sherry Jones

We plan to reschedule the annual HOA meeting for after the Stay at Home order is lifted.

This month we should be able to start the process of repairing and staining the street sign posts.  As a reminder, now is a good time to repair and stain your mailbox while we are all at home.  All the board members have stain free of charge for home owners, just ask.  Parkshore has a Facebook page now.   You can use that as a resource to reach out and hire someone in the neighborhood to paint your mailbox for you, if needed. 

Thank you to Dan and Sherry Jones for removing the dead trees at the front entrance.  We will be doing spring planting at the front entrance on Saturday 5/9/20.

We still plan to have the dead trees removed on the cul-de-sacs this spring.  We will wait to plant new trees in the fall since there’s no sprinkler system on the cul-de-sacs.  We are looking into what can be done to freshen up the Spinnaker entrance as well, but there’s also no sprinkler system there.

As a reminder there are a lot of people out walking and biking with the spring weather and Stay at Home order.  Remember to drive to the right around the cul-de-sac to prevent accidents and to drive slowly.  

There are some residents who would like to see all the gas lamps lit in front of our homes.  We realize that running the gas lamps can be costly and difficult to maintain. They can be converted to electric.  Specialty Gas House will do the conversion to electric.  Their number is 614-261-0824.  There are conversion kits to convert it yourself.  Charm Lite has an LED kit for $89.95.  They also can be hired for installation.  The neighborhood is dark, and it is nice to have the lamps lit, but the neighborhood covenants just say the posts need to be maintained.   

There are still some residents that need to pay their annual HOA dues of $125.  All homeowners are required to pay HOA dues. 

There is a new bill proposed in the state senate for HOAs to be paperless and to allow dues to go towards social events.  We’ll let you know if this passes.

Meeting adjorned 8:35pm

HOA Quarterly Meeting Minutes

The meeting started at 7:04pm on 1/30/20

Attendees:  Steve Ginter, Donna Tomaro, Kevin Fellona, Tim Huter, Diane Dietz, Sherry Jones, Andy Drake, and Cathleen Duffy

Financials:  Landscaping fees will be up this year.  We have gone with a new company and we are improving the landscaping at the front entrance and in the cul-de-sacs.  HOA fees have been the same since the neighborhood began and at this point they do not need to be increased.

In spring we will have the street posts painted and repaired.  The galvanized steel sleeves were added at the base of the posts to prevent trimmer damage.

We will be re-evaluating mailboxes in the spring.  We are trying to keep the neighborhood looking good.  Thank you to everyone who has painted or replaced their mailbox already.

We will post one “No Trespassing” sign at the pond.

As a reminder it is in the HOA covenants that trash cans need to be stored out of sight.

We are planning the 2020 annual meeting for a Thursday in March at 7pm.  We are trying to book it at Orange Township Hall, and will let everyone know when it is scheduled.  Three positions on the HOA board are up for re-election this year.  Please let the HOA know if you are interested in running for a position.

Meeting adjourned at 8:33pm

HOA Quarterly Meeting Minutes

11/21/19

Quarterly HOA meeting

Start at 7:02pm

Attendees:  Steve Ginter via phone, Donna Tomaro, Kevin Fellona, Tim Huter, Diane Dietz, Sherry Jones, Andy Drake, and Cathleen Duffy

The backflow for the irrigation system will be re-done this month.

For now we plan to leave the annual HOA dues the same, may need to increase in the future.

All residents should have received their letter stating that the pond in our neighborhood is private property, owned by eight of the homeowners living around it.  We ask that you not use the pond recreationally without specific permission from one of the homeowners.  The homeowners living on the pond may request a no trespassing sign paid for by the HOA.  The deadline to order a sign is 12/31/19.  The homeowner will have input as to the design and placement of any no trespassing signs, so that they will look tasteful.

The HOA will re-evaluate mailboxes in spring.  If your mailbox is still in disrepair you will receive a notice giving you 30 days to fix it or it will be done for you by the HOA at homeowner’s expense. 

The street signs/posts will be repaired and stained in the spring. 

The vandalized street sign on Greely should be replaced 12/9/19.

We plan to update the local utility companies listed on the HOA web site.

Greenlawn has been hired to maintain the neighborhood irrigation system and do the lawn maintenance for the common areas this year.  We will also have them update the landscaping.  The plan is to update the landscaping of the circles on Westwick and Highgate this year and the front entrance in the spring.

Information from the Orange Township meeting:  There are no bids out yet for the bike path.  William Cohen says it will go out for bidding in the spring.  It may go closer to lot lines than anticipated.  There is no plan for landscaping or a fence around the path.  Waukeegan and Westwick are on the list to be evaluated for repaving in 2020.

The new directory will be printed by the end of the month.

The HOA Annual meeting will be at Orange Township Hall in March.  Date to be announced.

Next HOA meeting 1/30/20 at 7pm .

10/3/19 HOA Quarterly Meeting

Meeting began at 7:06pm

Attendees:  Donna Tomaro, Sherry Jones, Andy Drake, Cathleen Duffy, Diane Dietz, Kevin Fallona, Tim Huter

The open position on the Design Review Board has been filled by Tim Huter.  Thank you Tim!  Please remember if you are doing anything to alter the exterior of your home to complete the form from the HOA web site and submit it to the Design Review Board.  By doing this we can be sure you have proper permits and you are not encroaching on the Delaware County easement, which could lead to you having to remove the alterations at your expense.

Diane is working on the updated neighborhood directory.  It will be done and distributed soon.

The photocell was repaired for front entrance lights

The sprinkler control box has been repaired

The vandalized street posts should be replaced by the end of October.  The board has also ordered galvanized steel sleeves for the bases of the street signs to protect them from mowers and trimmers.  We are getting estimates to stain all the posts.

The board has changed companies and is now going to use Greenlawn for landscape and the sprinkler system.  We will be looking into trimming and refreshing the front entrance and the circles in the courts. 

Mailbox review is done.  More stain kits have been distributed to board members, so please reach out to a member of the HOA board if you need free mailbox stain.

6/20/19 Quarterly HOA meeting

In attendance:  Sherry Jones, Donna Tomaro, Steve Ginter, Kevin Fallona, Diane Dietz, and Cathleen Duffy; Andy Drake via phone

Meeting opened at 7:00pm

Steve Ginter started with the financial report.  There are still six homeowners with an outstanding balance for this year’s dues. 

We will start working on the front entrance landscape including power washing the stones and repairing the stone wall.  Some of the street signs are showing wear.  We will be looking into which ones just need stained and which ones need replaced.

If you are considering any significant changes to your property, The Parkshore Covenant Architectural Standard requires that it be reviewed and approved by the Design Review Board.

Items to review include:

  • altering existing surfaces (paint colors, roofing materials, etc)
  • constructing or modify fencing
  • installing any recreational device
  • additions, patios and decks
  • major landscaping or ground grading

Review the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions for more specifics.

The form for submitting requests to the Design Review Board can be found on the Parkshore HOA web site.  There is a two week turnaround time on requests. 

There have been some role changes on the board and we are going to work on updating the HOA web site.

There is a mailer that all homeowners should be receiving shortly regarding mailbox maintenance and the formation of a social committee for the HOA.  If you have already repaired your mailbox, thank you, and please disregard the HOA request to repair it.  We apologize for the delay in the mailer.  We have had some difficulties with Real Property Management Company and the board will be looking into changing companies.

We also wanted to include this information from the Orange Township newsletter, in case any homeowners are interested:

Parkshore HOA Quarterly Meeting 11/13/18

Hello Parkshore Residents!  The home owners association had its quarterly meeting on 11/13/18.  We want to thank all of you who have been painting and repairing your mailboxes, the neighborhood looks good!  We have a lot of new residents in the neighborhood, so we are planning on putting out an updated directory for 2019.  We are also looking for your involvement in social activities for the neighborhood, including starting a Welcoming Committee for people moving to the neighborhood and a Social Committee for planning events like our Flamingo Fridays.  Consider getting involved.  Look for more information to come on that!  We will be having our annual home owner’s association meeting on Saturday March 9th, 2019.  It is tentatively planned for 9:00 am at Orange Hall.  All home owners are invited and encouraged to attend.

HOA Quarterly meeting 8/15/18

Quarterly meeting 8/15/18

 

Trustees in attendance:  Donna Tomaro, Michael Peirce, Sherry Jones, Cathleen Duffy,

Andy Drake joined most of the meeting via cell phone.

 

Meeting opened at 6:30pm

 

Lisa Bloomer from Real Property Management attended to inform us of what services they provide and what additional services they are able to provide.

 

The board members want to remind home owners of the recent car break in.  Our neighborhood is dark since we do not have street lights.  We recommend keeping your porch lights on at night.  Residents may also want to consider motion sensor lighting.

 

We also want to remind residents to keep up with painting and repairing mailboxes.  The HOA board members do have stain kits for the mailbox, just let one of us know if you need stain to paint your mailbox.  If you need to replace your mailbox, you can get a new mail box from Cedar Craft, 614-759-1600.  The cost is approximately $165.

 

The pond fountain is not working properly.  The parts are under warranty.  We are looking in to getting this fixed.

The last Flamingo Friday for the summer is tomorrow Friday August 17, 2018 on Highgate.

The next quarterly board meeting will be Tuesday November 13, 2018.